LaPorte Municipal Airport
Indiana’s Friendliest Airport
On Friday, October 4, the LaPorte Municipal Airport will participate in a “Made in LaPorte County” event sponsored by the LaPorte Economic Advancement Partnership. Approximately 2600 students are expected to attend. This event is also open to the public and all are welcome. Our booth will focus on the advantages of becoming a pilot, the many career possibilities, and provide information how to obtain a private license, a commercial license, other ratings, and resources how to make it all happen. Following is a list of recommended websites for complete information on the schools and organizations that can help someone reach their aviation goals:
- LaPorte Aero Club: www.laporteaeroclub.org
- AOPA: www.aopa.org
- Civil Air Patrol: www.gocivilairpatrol.com
- The Ninety-Nines: www.ninety-nines.org
- Region Flyers: www.regionflyers.com
- LaPorte Aviation Services: www.lpas.com
- Purdue: https://polytechnic.purdue.edu/degrees/professional-flight
- Indiana State: https://www.indstate.edu/technology/avt
- Western Michigan: https://wmich.edu/aviation
- Ohio State University: https://aviation.osu.edu/students/flight-education
- Air Force: https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/pilot/
- Navy: https://www.navy.com/flynavy
- Coast Guard: https://www.gocoastguard.com/active-duty-careers/officer-opportunities/programs/wilks-flight-initiative-wifi
- Army: https://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/current-and-prior-service/advance-your-career/warrant-officer/flight-warrant-officers.html
- Lift Academy: https://flywithlift.com/
- FAA: https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/
What’s better than food and airplanes? Maybe lots of food and lots of airplanes? Join us the 4th Friday from now through October from 11 am to 1 pm (Central time). No charge – but a donation is definitely appreciated.
This fuel is FAA-certified for use in up to 65% of the US piston fleet. Unleaded UL94 Avgas meets or exceeds the minimum octane requirements of many of the engines manufactured by Lycoming, Continental, and Rotax. Swift UL94 Avgas is made of the same base hydrocarbon components as 100LL, without the addition of tetraethyl lead. This proprietary unleaded fuel formulation is a blend of hydrocarbons designed to meet the fuel specification standards of ASTM D7592, D7547, and D4814.
Girls in Aviation
The Indiana Dunes Chapter of the Ninety-Nines is sponsoring a “Girls in Aviation Day” on Saturday, October 19 from 8:30 am to noon. Girls in grades 6th – 12th will spend their morning learning about aerodynamics, aviation career opportunities, navigation, communication, and have some hands-on time in the cockpit of a plane. Cost is just $20. Registration must be received by Friday, October 4. To receive a form, either call 219-324-3393 or email email@example.com.
Camp was held June 10 – 14 for 72 students in grades 6th – 12th. One of the highlights was flying a full-motion simulator, built by our own Ron Bober. A new activity for camp was our first ever “Aviation Escape Room” which tested the student’s memory of what they’d learned during the week. And as always, the flight, provided by local pilots was deemed a highlight for nearly everyone. Dates for 2020 camp have not yet been set, but if you’d like information as soon as it’s ready, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday 7 am – 5 pm Central Time
Weekends: 8 am – 5 pm Central Time
Christmas and New Years Day
LaPorte airport is conveniently located 3 miles south of the city of LaPorte. It sits less than 20 miles from the shores of Lake Michigan.and a little over an hours drive to down town Chicago.