La Porte Municipal Airport
Positioned for Growth and Increased Operations
As a fully functional airport, La Porte Municipal Airport (KPPO) covers an area of approximately 478 acres and contains two asphalt-paved runways: 2/20 at 5,000 x 75 ft. (1,524 x 23 m) and 14/32 measuring 2,800 x 60 ft. (853 x 18 m). Recent capital improvement projects have resulted in all runways and taxiways being lit, and the installation of a 24/7 credit card self-serve fuel pump. On average, the airport sees about 15,000 to 20,000 aircraft operations per year with 75 aircraft on base.
La Porte Airport Authority
2341 State Road 39 South
La Porte, IN 46350
The LaPorte Municipal Airport Authority meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 5:15 pm. Meetings are held in the Conference Room inside the terminal building and are open to the public. Meetings are being held via Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Board Members & Management
- Edward Volk Board President
- Richard Schmitt Vice-President
- Dale Fischer Secretary
- Fran Milo Assistant Secretary
- Diane Bos Schwarz Manager - Planning & Outreach
- Joe Keeton Manager - Facilities & Maintenance
- Tom Dermody Mayor, City of La Porte
- Bill Nelson Airport Attorney
- Woolpert, Inc. Airport Engineering Consultant
In Memoriam — James Fleming
Thank you for your dedication to the LaPorte Municipal Airport and for your thirty years of service to the Board. You will be missed.