The City of LaPorte, a 2015 “America’s Best Communities” Quarter Finalist, is home to many events:
– steam train rides, steam tractor demos, steam-powered saw mill & crane, steam powered electric generating plant, food stands, flea market, and more.
– a 3 day biking, running, walking event to raise funds for local cancer patients and their families.
The City of LaPorte, also called “the hub of Awesome” has many unique attractions:
– a rare and extensive gun collection as well as a rare car collection
– LaPorte was named the “Antique Capital of Indiana”.
Northern Indiana’s LaPorte County offers a scenic drive through the countryside. In Autumn, find the perfect pumpkin patch! During the spring and summer, visit a u-pick orchard for homegrown fruits and vegetables and in winter, it’s the place to shop for your Christmas tree.
The LaPorte Municipal Airport is within easy access to:
- University of Notre Dame – if you’re headed to a football game or other function at ND, spare yourself the high cost of landing fees and fuel. Land and stay in LaPorte.
- Lake Michigan Beaches
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore
- Washington Park, Marina, Splash Pad, and Zoo
- Four Winds Casino
- Blue Chip Casino